About Me

My photo

Neko Mama

おはいよ!

I'm a wife and mother of 2 little munchkins.
I love Japanese culture and hope to visit on a working holiday. My husband and I enjoy the exquisite culture and are both currently learning to speak Japanese.
I'm always open to suggestions, and hope that my blog can inspire and encourage others to eat well and live happily! =(^_^)=

Thank You For Reading!

Made By Neko Mama. Powered by Blogger.

Email Sign Up

My Favourite Readers

Friday, February 17, 2012

Be my Valentine <3 Hubby Bento

An, valentines lunch for the husband. He does adore his lunches, even when they have hearts plastered everywhere. I try most days to send love in his lunch, but tried especially hard this morning to show how much I love him. <3 He really enjoyed his lunch and even sent me a pic of how the lunch had fared in the trip to work.




I try to keep use similar ingredients in both adult and child Bento's to both save me time, and it's easier to monitor the right balance. I have the same pinkish rice, eggs, and salads. Hubby gets more of a heartier protein and meat component now, seeing as he is still a growing man. 
Bottom tier: Pink Rice, chicken and capsicum stir fry with a corny heart (hehehehe punny!) The chicken is tossed in ginger and soy sauce. Original recipe is from Maki's book Just Bento. (I love this book!!!)

Top tier: A Rose Garden Salad. Tomato roses, mixed green salad leaves, lovely eggs, carrots and baby beets carved into hearts (oh my this was a challenge and the photo doesn't even show them well!)

Hope you have enjoyed my Valentine themed Bento's! 会いしています。

1 comment:

  1. Hmm. Makes me think of an old song with the line "I'm sorry darlin', I never promised you a rose garden."
    But you did give a rose garden, b/c that's how much you care! Looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!!!