About Me

My photo

Neko Mama

おはいよ!

I'm a wife and mother of 2 little munchkins.
I love Japanese culture and hope to visit on a working holiday. My husband and I enjoy the exquisite culture and are both currently learning to speak Japanese.
I'm always open to suggestions, and hope that my blog can inspire and encourage others to eat well and live happily! =(^_^)=

Thank You For Reading!

Made By Neko Mama. Powered by Blogger.

Email Sign Up

My Favourite Readers

Monday, April 23, 2012

Not-So-Peanut Butter Jelly Roll Bento

Today's bento is a bit of an experiment! We aren't allowed nuts or eggs at kindy so I have found a wonderful product from Coles called FreeNut Butter. It's made from sunflower seeds. To me, it looks, tastes and smells the same! But I'm not fussed on peanut butter. I can't remember how much it was but it was about the same price as peanut butter anyway. So to test it out I made a scroll, which is crust less bread flattened with a rolling pin. Added the freenut butter and strawberry jam then rolled it into a scroll. Verdict? Miss A says, Delicious!

What's inside? FreeNut butter and jelly scrolls, pork and tofu meatballs, grapes and strawberries, carrot, cucumber and a babybel cheese.

I have to admit, this one came home almost empty! With just a few extra bits of carrot and cucumber left over. It's a satisfying feeling when they've eaten it all!

Take care!

x Nya!

0 Nyas:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message!!!!