Thank You For Reading!

Made By Neko Mama. Powered by Blogger.

My Favourite Readers


    Wednesday, October 5, 2011

    Empty Cupboard Syndrome

    Well today is payday, which means the last day I've shopped for. Which usually means the last legs of the fridge and cupboard. I tend to only buy what we need and use everything I can get my hands on. I didn't photo hubbies lunch because I was in a mad panic to pack, we accidentally slept in and had 15 minutes before he had to leave. Thankfully I did have some leftovers.
    So today it was quite woeful but I still managed to make the family breakfast and pack the man a lunch in 10 minutes.



    Leftover pasta salad, about 15 sakata crackers, sliced cheddar cheese, a tin of smoked tuna, a yoghurt topped musli bar and a sesame seed snack.
    I think I did get most of the portions right, might of lacked a bit of vegetables but there was plenty of protein, carbs and at least 1 serve of vegetables. I'll just have make up for it in dinner tonight. If I can find something to make.

    What did I have for lunch? Leftover pasta, a few meatballs and, wait for it, a home made pasta sauce with avocado!

    Avocado Pasta Sauce (1 lunch serve)
    Half an avocado
    Half a lemon
    Handful of grated cheese
    Fresh basil (I used 2 leaves)
    Vegetable sprinkle (ok I used this in leu of salt and garlic)

    Put it all in a bowl, mash up into a paste, and then mix into hot pasta. Absolutely delish!!!

    I think leftovers and having an empty cupboard really makes you think and get creative in the kitchen. Have you made a Frankenstein meal that turned out to be a real winner?

    Nyaa!! =(^_^)=
     

    0 Nyas:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for leaving me a message!!!!