Thank You For Reading!

Made By Neko Mama. Powered by Blogger.

My Favourite Readers


    Tuesday, October 18, 2011

    Niku Soboro and Tamagoyaki - Bento #4

    Technically I made this the same day as Strawberries and Jack-O-Lanterns but I thought it deserved it's own post due to how long it took to make!
    This was a part of my 3 hour cooking marathon! Oh my it was a challenge, but I think I have found some staples for my johbisai. ^__^
    I thought it was very tasty, while hubby thought I may have had too many strong flavours. So while this looks great, I might tone back on all the flavours next time and see how I go.


    (NOTE: Although I spent 3 hours cooking, it was mainly from learning and being unprepared. These recipes all yeild more than you need also, so I have got about 3 more bento worth of Niku Soboro in my freezer!)

    So in the bottom run we have 3/4 cup of rice each. I actually washed and polished properly and it tasted quite nice! I am still trying to find out how to make refrigerated rice taste as good as fresh. Any suggestions??

    In the top we have tamagoyaki, honey soy baby carrots and meat soboro. I used Maki's recipe, but seeing as I didn't have everything this is what I used.
    • 500g beef
    • 2 Tbs.cooking butter
    • 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion, green and white parts both (about 2 stalks)
    • 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
    • 2 Tbs grund ginger (from the spice rack)
    • 2 Tbs. sugar
    • 2 Tbs. rice wine vinegar
    • 3 Tbs. light soy sauce
    • Salt to taste
    Although it's only slightly different to Maki's original I think I may have missed a few key flavours. Fear not though, this was really tasty! And it was really hard not to eat there and then!

    I think I mentioned how great the tamagoyaki was in the previous entry but just again, this was delish! However, it didn't taste nearly as nice the next day. So if you want to make it, try making it the morning of. It tastes much better non-refrigerated!

    Nya! =(^_^)= いってらしゃい!

    0 Nyas:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for leaving me a message!!!!