Thank You For Reading!

Made By Neko Mama. Powered by Blogger.

My Favourite Readers


    Tuesday, October 4, 2011

    Love Bomb Sort-of Day!

    Well I read a lovely article about love bombing (and I can't find it but if I do...) and I have to agree with it completely. Without even realizing it I unintentionally love bomb my children, which I thought was awesome! Not over the top because, they're just 2 & 3, but enough that I think they know I love them to bits. I also feel awesome at the end of the day (albeit a wee bit exhausted!)
    So brief explanation for love bombing, allow your child to dictate and have your full attention for a full day. A day of yes's, a day of no parental distraction whether it's housework, phone calls, work commitments ect. It is the one day to spend completely with your child and exactly how they want to do it.



    Now this didn't happen to the T today. However it had a love bombing feel to it. My daughter decided our destination, the shops, I bought them each a toy of their choosing. We then had lunch which they chose to be a ham subway with cheese, carrot and mayonnaise. It was free cookie day so that was a good treat! They also both wanted a super smoothie from Boost so we all shared that. They were very well behaved and I had a great time. I did sneak in a little mummy shopping as there was a sale, but left once they got over it. They then asked nicely for a lollipop. I couldn't say no. I know a lot of the time I have to dictate their lives, tell them where we're going, what we're doing and what we're buying. So I think it helps every mow and again to let them be in charge. To say more yes's than no's and share with them that mum can be fun sometimes too! Yes I can see it would be similar to 'spoiling' them, but this doesn't happen everyday, or even once a week. Only when we're financially able to splurge a little, and when I'm feeling like they need a bit of a perk up.

    Have you heard of love bombing? Have you ever gone out of your way to do it? What do you think of the whole concept?

    Here is another bloggers view on Love-Bombing! The Original Article I read is no longer available online for some reason?
    http://www.midwifemum.com/parenting-issues/love-bombing/

    Nya! =(^_^)=   いってらしゃい!

    0 Nyas:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for leaving me a message!!!!