Thank You For Reading!

Made By Neko Mama. Powered by Blogger.

My Favourite Readers


    Saturday, October 1, 2011

    Mini Meatballs / Burger Patties

    Last night we had another HUGE success with my newfound meatball/meat patty recipe. You can find the original recipe here, a beautiful and very simple recipe. Here is my 'version' but it is pretty close to the original!







    Recipe: Basic burger-meatball mixture

    • 500g / ground beef
    • 500g / ground pork and veal
    • 225g / (about half a block) firm tofu
    • 1 cup fresh soft breadcrumbs (made by whizzing up 2 slices of bread in a food processor)
    • 1 large onion
    • A little milk
    • 2 egg
    • 1 1/2 tsp. salt
    • 1/2 tsp or so black pepper
    • 1/2 tsp. or so nutmeg
    • Oil for cooking
    So because I want it fast, I throw the bread and a dash of milk in the food processor, then add in onions, then tofu, then the meat and egg. My food processor complains by the time we get to the end so I do end up getting my hands dirty at the end.

    Now you have a very basic meat mixture! I then grab my lovely husband and get him to make the meat patties. Around a man's palm size. I'm not one for flipping, so I simply just put them in the pan and wait until the sides start browning, then I flip them over, and squash them with the spatula to give them a more 'flat' shape. Make as many patties as you need for the meal, and then make mini meatballs out of the rest. To cook the mini's toss them in the pan, and after a little bit just pick up the whole pan (by the handle) and sort of sauté them around in the pan. Just roll them around until brown.

    Now if your making my burgers here's what you'll need!
    Burger Buns or White Bread
    Lettuce (I use mixed lettuce with baby spinach, rocket etc)
    Tomato sliced up
    Mayonaisse
    Tomato Sauce
    Mild Mustard

    So open up your buns and butter one half with mustard and the other with mayonaisse. Put your lettuce and tomato on top of the mayo, squirt a bit of tomato sauce, add your meat patty then put the mustard bun bit on top.

    I promise you the tastiest home made burger you've ever had! I add baby pickles some days for a bit of a tangy twist.

    Let me know if you try them out and if you love them as much as me!!!!!

    Nya! =(^_^)=   いってらしゃい!

    0 Nyas:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for leaving me a message!!!!