Thank You For Reading!

Made By Neko Mama. Powered by Blogger.

My Favourite Readers


    Saturday, October 15, 2011

    Gorgeous Pork Meatloaf - Mince Challenge #1

    Technically this is an oven-dried tomato, danish feta and pork meatloaf but Gorgeous Pork Meatloaf adequately sums it all up. It is MOIST and simply divine! A must have on your 'to try' list!

    Why meatloaf? Well I have a freezer full of mince and seeing as we've done burgers and meatballs a bit lately I am looking for mince alternatives, part one of my Mince Challenge. Tonight is Meatloaf!

    I have never made meatloaf, although I do remember my mother making it maybe once or twice when I was a child. I do recall not liking it very much though, so I was very hesitant to make my own meatloaf! I searched around the internet and found something that looks really tasty!

    (Finished Product... Doesn't look very tasty at all... But it was delish!)
    So original recipe is here!

    I had pork mince and a heap of Danish feta to use up, so I chose this recipe. I had no sun-dried tomatos either! So, I made my own!All you need to do is slice your tomatos in halve, sprinkle with salt and put onto a cake tray for 4-6 hours (or longer) in the oven on about 100 degrees.

    Before


    After


    Hindsight, I should've left them in the oven for longer but I was running out of time, they were in for 5 hours. So I cut them in halve again and tossed in Olive Oil and some italian herbs.

    Here is the recipe the way I made it, again, the original is linked above and has about 322 comments on it. This is just my version! Notice I had to make my own sundried tomatoes AND breadcrumbs due to the fact of not preparing. The milk is to soften up the bread/crackers/rice whatever filling you want to use. When I do this again, and i will, I will make 2 batches as there was NO LEFTOVERS! I was looking forward to using this in bento! I wouldn't recommend making it in a bigger loaf tin though, just 2 the same size.

    Sun-Dried Tomato, Feta and Pork Meatloaf

    • Cooking spray
    • 1/2 cup wizzed up Sakatas (rice crackers)
    • 1/4 cup oven-dried tomatoes
    • 2 cloves garlic, minced
    • 2 eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
    • 2 tablespoons milk
    • 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
    • Salt and Pepper to taste
    • 500g Pork Mince
    Preheat oven to hot... so 180 degrees. 
    Spray a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
    Then it was all mix, mix, mix and put into a loaf tin. It did look pretty blergh during this entire thing.
    No beating or vigourous stirring! You don't want to mash the meat!
    Bake for about 40 minutes. Use a knife to check the center if you like. It will look soft and 'soggy' like. This meatloaf with pork is very tender and moist. Don't over cook it!
    Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and slice.

    If you make it let me know! I'd love to know if anyone else had fun making it. So easy, and so tasty! Love love love this one!


    Nya! =(^_^)= いってらしゃい!

    0 Nyas:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for leaving me a message!!!!