Thank You For Reading!

Made By Neko Mama. Powered by Blogger.

My Favourite Readers


    Sunday, October 9, 2011

    Sausage and Rice - Bento #1

    This morning I can be honest, I wasn't planning on making the hubby lunch. I was planning on sleeping in instead! But then Mr decided to make me breakfast, poached eggs and bacon to be exact, and then I couldn't help myself. So this was a last minute idea and only took 20 mins. The longest bit was cooking the rice, and I experimented with only cooking 1/2 cup of rice. It turned out really nicely and was very quick. The only downside was about 1/4 of the rice stuck to the bottom. I think cooking a whole cup is the better way to go, but if your short on time the 1/2 cup works fine (well in my $15 rice cooker from BigW!)





    So we have top tier of rice (I've been asked to scale back the rice as I've been giving him too much. We'll see if this was enough today). I boiled a whole carrot and zucchini then sliced up and laid on top. I sprinkled a bit of salt on top.
    Bottom tier has sliced pork chipolatas/sausages (whatever you'd like to call them) that I gently pan fried with no oil! I covered them with a lid too. I didn't want them to become oily and slimy when he ate them at room temp. The carrot is somewhat of a kinpara but to speed things up I boiled whole before slicing up like 'match sticks'. I didn't have sesame oil so I added some soy sauce and sesame seeds and fried them in with the sausage. I took sausage out then added some honey onto the carrots. So they're somewhat honey soy kinpara carrots.
    There are some beans and cherry tomatoes in there for filler.

    Overall I think a pretty healthy lunch with lots of colour and proportions. For a last minute thing I'm quite impressed with myself!


    Nya! =(^_^)= いってらしゃい!

    0 Nyas:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for leaving me a message!!!!