Thank You For Reading!

Made By Neko Mama. Powered by Blogger.

My Favourite Readers


    Thursday, October 6, 2011

    Favourite Bento Video

    This was the first Bento video/tutorial that I came across and I was in love with the whole concept ever since. Honestly it's been around 2 years since I started my Bento-ing venture. I had an old blog with the 100 bento challenge and I *think* I made it up to 30 before getting quite ill. So that is a fantastic achievement in my book!
    Anyway, back to topic. This is a very simply put full bento prep with ingredients and instruction on how to pack and time. I have not made this exact bento but have taken inspiration and advice from it.

    So without further ado, here it is!
    Cooking With Dog - Bento



    Ingredients for Bento
    (serves 1)

    - Potato Salad -
    40g Potato (1.41 oz)
    10g Carrot (0.35 oz)
    400cc Water (1.69 u.s. cup)
    1/2 tsp Salt
    4cm Cucumber (1.57 inch)
    A pinch of Salt
    1 tbsp Sweet Corn
    1/2 tsp Vinegar
    A pinch of Sugar
    A pinch of Black Pepper
    1 tsp Mayonnaise

    1 Cherry Tomato

    - Chicken Karaage -
    50g Chicken (1.76 oz)
    2/3 tbs Kimchi Base
    or 1/2 Soy Sauce + 1/2 Sake + Grated Garlic
    1 tsp Potato Starch
    Frying Oil

    - Honey Glazed Pumpkin -
    40g Pumpkin (1.41 oz)
    Honey
    Toasted Black Sesame Seeds

    1/8 Apple

    - Onigiri -
    140g Fresh Steamed Rice (4.94 oz)
    Noritama Furikake - Egg & Seaweed
    Yukari Furikake - Red Shiso Leaf
    2 sheets of 19×5cm Toasted Nori (7.5x2 inch)

    - Spinach Tamagoyaki -
    1 Egg
    40g Spinach (1.41 oz)
    1 tsp Soy Sauce

    1 Vienna Sausage
    1/2 tsp Oil

    **Trick to make bento in the busy morning is preparing the ingredients the night before or using premade ingredients from the market.

    ** Recently, bento regained its popularity in Japan for its safe and balanced diet and many Japanese bring their own bento to school and work.

    What did you think? Inspirational for you too?

    Nya! =(^_^)=   いってらしゃい!

    0 Nyas:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for leaving me a message!!!!